1. Speak with your Broker or your Bank Manager to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
2. Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements. Research sales (i.e.: Internet sites SOLD sections) in those preferred suburbs.
3. Attend open homes & inspect properties in your preferred suburb so you have a feel for the prices.
4. Develop a relationship with one of our professional sales team who specialise in your preferred area. Your TracyRoberts Real Estate Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notification of every new listing that hits the market.
5. If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact your TracyRoberts Real Estate Sales Consultant promptly who can guide you if you are in any way unsure of the process.
6. Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sales contract and pay a 0.25% deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement.
7. Once the owner accepts your signed contract & offer by signing their sales contract, a "Cooling Off Period" starts giving your solicitor time to arrange a pest & building inspection and your bank can finalise the loan and valuation.
8. During this "Cooling Off Period" the purchaser has the right to rescind the contract (by forfeiting the 0.25% deposit) not the owner.
9. Following your solicitors or conveyancer's advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property. The balance of the 10% deposit is due before 5pm on the last day of the cooling off period.
10. On or before settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.